- Active Witnessing (9)
- Around the Lord's Table (26)
- As I understand it (6)
- Borrowed Insights (8)
- Christian Doctrine (11)
- Death and Eternity (9)
- Details of Discipleship (37)
- Effective prayer (21)
- Fellowship in Christ (11)
- Heart and soul (28)
- Legal (3)
- Liberating Women (7)
- Miscellaneous Content (2)
- Misunderstood Bible Texts (55)
- Musings on Life (Poems) (14)
- Musings on Scripture (14)
- Podcast Scrpts (5)
- Problems of pain (8)
- Spiritual Worship (5)
- Studies (10)
- Teaching and Learning (13)
Blog content can be selected from the categories, or there is a list of individual Blog Titles at the bottom of this page.
* Scripture References
Refer to Blog Help above on how to use scripture references.
Recent Blog Titles
- Turning water into wine – why start with that?
- ‘Wellbeing’ is not just a fashionable catchphrase
- ‘I must be about my Father’s business’
- The origin of ‘Happy Families’ was more than a game!
- What did Jesus mean when he said, ‘Where two or three are gathered ……
- The funeral of a still-born child – a pastor’s potential dilemma
- Murder and the death penalty – up close!
- The funeral of a six-month-old baby boy
- Understanding ‘The Anointing’ (1 John 2:20, 27)
- Divine enlightenment comes to us gradually (Proverbs 4:18)
- Elijah meets God on Mount Sinai (1 Kings 19)
- Gorgeous Georgia, our fondly remembered pet
Category Archives: Miscellaneous Subjects
Understanding ‘The Anointing’ (1 John 2:20, 27) Such expressions as, ‘the anointing was evidently upon her as she preached’ and ‘he was under the anointing as he prayed over those who were ill’, can sometimes feature in the vocabulary of … Continue reading
Recent scientific research into the workings of the human brain has given us a deeper understanding about why some behaviour patterns diminish stress and inspire gladness. Of course, the Creator, having built these means of gladness into the biology, physics … Continue reading
Most Christians will be familiar with the Bible text: ‘The Father is looking for those who will worship him . . . in spirit and in truth’ (John 4:23b-24, New Living Translation throughout this study). But how rarely does anyone … Continue reading