- Active Witnessing (9)
- Around the Lord's Table (26)
- As I understand it (7)
- Borrowed Insights (8)
- Christian Doctrine (11)
- Death and Eternity (10)
- Details of Discipleship (37)
- Effective prayer (21)
- Fellowship in Christ (12)
- Heart and soul (30)
- Legal (3)
- Liberating Women (7)
- Miscellaneous Content (2)
- Misunderstood Bible Texts (55)
- Musings on Life (Poems) (14)
- Musings on Scripture (14)
- Podcast Scrpts (5)
- Problems of pain (8)
- Spiritual Worship (5)
- Studies (10)
- Teaching and Learning (13)
Blog content can be selected from the categories, or there is a list of individual Blog Titles at the bottom of this page.
* Scripture References
Refer to Blog Help above on how to use scripture references.
Recent Blog Titles
- Two simple words – that mean so much
- Lord, you are our home
- Scriptural tips about beauty
- Why have Bible translators avoided the word sublime?
- This World of Hidden Madness
- Turning water into wine – why start with that?
- ‘Wellbeing’ is not just a fashionable catchphrase
- ‘I must be about my Father’s business’
- The origin of ‘Happy Families’ was more than a game!
- What did Jesus mean when he said, ‘Where two or three are gathered ……
- The funeral of a still-born child – a pastor’s potential dilemma
- Murder and the death penalty – up close!
Category Archives: Problems of pain
‘When the Japanese mend broken objects, they aggrandize the damage by filling the cracks with gold. They believe that when something’s suffered damage and has a history it becomes more beautiful.’ Thus Barbara Bloom describes the Oriental craft of kintsugi … Continue reading
The next time you feel God can’t use you, just remember – Physical limitations are no excuse:  Abraham was truly old  Jeremiah and Timothy were very young  Zacchaeus was really small  Leah was considered to be … Continue reading
* We are blessed with many different kinds of pain in ‘this present evil age’  Physical pain: In an interview on TV a 27-year-old man admitted that he had never experienced pain. But was this a blessing? He showed … Continue reading
As we were giving voice to the lyrics addressed to the Lord – If we could see how much you’re worth, Your power, your might, your endless love, Then, surely, we would never cease to praise’ I was reminded of … Continue reading
Scripture indicates that tears are a phenomenon of earth but not of heaven. And five times Matthew tells us that weeping is a characteristic of hell – ‘In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth’ (Matthew 8:12; … Continue reading
‘The happy God’ Twice in his first letter to Timothy, Paul refers to God as ‘blessed’ (1 Timothy 1:11 6:15). A former archbishop of Cyprus made this Greek adjective famous worldwide through his name, makarios’, and Jesus used it nine times … Continue reading
Here is some good advice that Paul sent to some very new Christians: ‘Always be joyful. Keep on praying. No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.’ (1 Thessalonians … Continue reading