- Active Witnessing (9)
- Around the Lord's Table (26)
- As I understand it (7)
- Borrowed Insights (8)
- Christian Doctrine (11)
- Death and Eternity (10)
- Details of Discipleship (37)
- Effective prayer (21)
- Fellowship in Christ (17)
- Heart and soul (34)
- Legal (3)
- Liberating Women (7)
- Miscellaneous Content (2)
- Misunderstood Bible Texts (55)
- Musings on Life (Poems) (14)
- Musings on Scripture (14)
- Podcast Scrpts (5)
- Problems of pain (8)
- Spiritual Worship (5)
- Studies (10)
- Teaching and Learning (14)
Blog content can be selected from the categories, or there is a list of individual Blog Titles at the bottom of this page.
* Scripture References
Refer to Blog Help above on how to use scripture references.
Recent Blog Titles
- Speaking with other tongues – a much misunderstood gift
- Passover Songs (Psalms 113 – 118): Did Jesus and his apostles sing these verses at the last supper?
- Remember, remember . . .
- The homecoming of the perfect elder brother
- Can anything ever really be ‘really, really fantastic’?
- How the universe began – and why
- Paul’s famous last (recorded) words (2 Timothy 1:1 4:22)
- Who is in need of ‘a balm from Gilead’? (Jeremiah 8:22)
- David’s complete deliverance (Psalm 34)
- Do you ever feel that your ministry is just writing in the dust?
- Two simple words – that mean so much
- Lord, you are our home
Category Archives: Liberating Women
She so enjoyed coming here to the edge of the lake, just to sit for hours gazing into its turquoise depths. This was her favourite refuge in all of Capernaum – a sacred ashram, secluded by bushes. Here she could … Continue reading →
Only from Sunday, June 24, 2018 were women in Saudi Arabia allowed to drive! As a main topic of world news it reminded us that women are still suppressed, and often oppressed, in many parts of our world. In a … Continue reading →
‘A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. For Adam was not the one deceived; it was … Continue reading →
A well-honoured prophetic name My son and his wife were already active in Christian ministry when their children were born. No wonder, then, that they gave each a name of a biblical champion of the faith – Joshua, Deborah and … Continue reading →
‘As in all the congregations of the [saints] women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. If they want to enquire about something they should ask … Continue reading →
Read 1 Corinthians 11:2-8  A woman’s long hair is her covering. Even those who believe that what hangs down a man’s head in verse 4 is a textile veil would agree with me that it is synonymous with the … Continue reading →
David Albury of Edinburgh wrote to The Mail about a legendary French language class’s discussion on the appropriate gender of the noun ‘computer’. The teacher, dividing the students into two groups, asked the women to come up with four reasons … Continue reading →